Tuesday, May 6, 2008

God's Servants

Regardless of how difficult a project is, I place it in the adorable Heart of Jesus.  Then I can securely rest in peace, even when far away, knowing well that he knows what to do and brings to completion every work that I desire for his glory.  In the field, I shall work with all my might, but when obedience takes me away from one assignment to go to another where the harvest is ripe, I shall leave the first.  Loving my beloved Jesus, I shall trust him to give sufficient help and enthusiasm to our dear sisters to succeed in accomplishing everything.

Oh, the law of divine love is so excellent and amiable, and God himself has given it to his creatures.  Without Jesus, the world is mud and affliction of spirit; Jesus without the world is a precious treasure.  Blessed is the soul who trusts in Jesus because he is lavish in his promises and generous in giving his graces and treasures.  Oh, yes, my daughters, the precept to love Jesus is an inestimable privilege.  However, we cannot love him if we are not loved first by him.  In giving us this law, he also gives us the grace to love him.  

Saint Frances Xavier Cabrini

-Saint Frances Xavier Cabrini (1917) was born in Lombardy, Italy, and worked in the United States caring for the Italian immigrants.  She was the first American citizen to be canonized.

No comments: